Oh, my fellow humans, hold onto your hats.
I may have found the donut recipe – this, of course, is subject to change as soon as I try a new recipe this weekend. I am not a huge chocolate-glazed fan but these… These are thick, moist, and sinful.
Donuts are all the rage right now (thank the stars) and thankfully there are a lot of recipes floating around. The easiest way I have found to get a good one is of course trial and error.
This has led to some pretty nasty gooey concoctions and some amazing treats like the ones I am about to share.
I’d like to also note that this has also led to a few extra days a week at the gym 😉
So please enjoy and let me know if you have any recipes to share or comments to make this better!! Happy Baking!
Decadent Chocolate Ganache Vegan Donut
(Makes 6-8 donuts depending on pan size)
- 3/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 tsp baking powder
- 1/4 tsp baking soda
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/3 cup coconut sugar
- 1/2 cup apple sauce
- 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup milk of choice ( I used unsweetened almond)
- 3 tbsp canola oil
- 1/4 cup milk of choice
- 1/4 cup vegan chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350*F and oil donut pan. (I prefer using coconut oil).
- Sift all dry ingredients into medium bowl and combine.
- In a separate bowl, combine apple sauce, vanilla, milk and oil.
- Add wet to dry ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Bake for 12-15min or until the donut pulls away from the edge of the pan slightly. (Donuts should be spring back when touched)
- Let donuts cool 5 min and transfer to cooling rack.
- Cool completely before glazing.
- Heat milk on stove until just before bowling and pour over chocolate chips.
- Mix until smooth.
- Dip cooled donuts in ganache and enjoy!!